Did you know?
- Kolkata, being the intellectual capital of India, has been home to renowned scientists & philosophers like Satyendranath Bose, Sir Jagadish Chandra Bose, Meghnad Saha, Swami Vivekananda and many more.
- It was the workplace of the 5 Nobel Laureates of India –
- Rabindranath Tagore – The Nobel Prize in Literature (1913)
- C V Raman – The Nobel Prize in Physics (1930)
- Mother Teresa – The Nobel Peace Prize (1979)
- Amartya Sen – The Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences inMemory of Alfred Nobel (1998)
- Kailash Satyarthi – The Nobel Peace Prize (2014)
3. The Kolkata Book Fair is the world’s largest non-trade book fair, Asia’s largest book fair and the most attended book fair in the world. It is the world’s third largest annual conglomeration of books after the Frankfurt Book Fair and the London Book Fair.