A tool for loss prevention
The risk of injury & ill-health poses a greater risk in Construction industry. Further, site specific risks, temporary nature of activities, higher ratio of contractor workforce worsen the situation.
Consultivo Construction Safety Audits help you to identify the potential loss exposures through a systematic assessment & verification process, backed by industry leading methodology, expertise & resources.
Globally, injury and ill-health rate in construction is significantly higher than the average rate across all industries.
Construction Safety Audit & Assessment Reports reflect what the management needs to know – charts, heat-maps, analytics, dashboards & benchmarking. The outcome is backed up by quantitative assessment at the level of activity, process, system, documentation & people.
Consultivo Construction Safety Audit protocol
A Unique Scored Assessment tool
The protocol evaluates how effectively your OHS risks are
identified and controls are being implemented in a construction
site. It can be used for single or multiple sites to benchmark
What are the basic features of
Consultivo Construction Safety Protocol?
It is a scored assessment tool to evaluate the performance of a Construction safety system and is composed of the audit checklist and scorecard, which are used to evaluate the effectiveness and maturity level of the company’s occupational safety and health management system.
The audit checklist is derived from audit questionnaires from numerous codes and standards and provides auditors with the convenience of using this one checklist to fulfill the primary function of assessing the company’s OHS system, as well as to audit for regulatory compliance for construction worksites against relevant national acts & rules.
What are the benefits my organisation may get from Consultivo Construction Safety Audit protocol?
Unique Scored Assessment tool – to get a profile of the status and maturity level of your construction site OHS system. This will let you better allocate resources to improve safety and health standards at your workplace.
Provides a quantitative base line to measure future improvements.
To compare how effective different workplaces are in managing their safety and health risks – an opportunity to benchmark performance among sites
Independent review of your OHS risks and controls in construction site(s).
Compliance check against legal requirement
Agenda for Actions – recommendations to close the gaps
Consultivo Reports: Insights with assurance!
Provides risk reporting for the board – to understand strategic business risks
Reflect what the management needs to know – charts, heat-maps, analytics, dashboards & benchmarking
Guides the operational management to know the gaps & make action plans
Best in class
1. Safety management system
- Leadership, planning, support, operation, performance evaluation, improvement
2. Legal requirements
3. Safety at workplace Construction Activities (selected based on relevance to a particular project/site)
- Access, housekeeping, Illumination, noise, hazardous substance
- Permit to work, hazardous energy control
- Work at height including Roof work
- Excavations, shafts, earthwork, underground work & tunnel
- Blasting & explosives
- Work over water
- Pile driving
- Cofferdams, caissons, & work in compressed air
- Structural frame, welding, cutting, framework & concrete work
- Manual handling & storage
- Hand-arm vibration
- Confined space activities
4. Plant, Machinery, Lifting appliances, Scaffolds & Ladders
5. Fleet safety – traffic & vehicles, vehicular movements
6. PPE & life-saving equipment
7. Electrical safety
8. Occupational health, first aid & welfare
9. Fire and emergencies
10. Protecting the public
Codes and Standards
- Applicable country specific legal requirements for Construction Industry like The Building and Other Construction Workers Act 1996 & Central Rules 1998 in India
- Relevant national and international standards applicable to construction Industry (like BIS standards in India)
- Good International Industry Practices (GIIP) for Construction Safety and practices followed in world class construction sites
- International Guidelines like ILO, World Bank General EHS Guidelines, OSHA etc.
What’s considered a ‘passing mark’ under Consultivo Construction Safety Protocol?
The Consultivo Construction Safety Protocol is not scored on a pass-fail system.
Instead, it scores the development status of each part of a company’s Occupational Health & Safety System – strategic, governance & operational areas. This allows management to focus its attention on developing and improving weaker areas.
The construction industry has a disproportionately high rate of recorded accidents. Source: ILO
Potential hazards for workers in construction include:
- Fall from heights
- Trench collapse
- Scaffold collapse
- Electric shock and arc flash/arc blast
- Failure to use proper personal protective equipment
- Repetitive motion injuries
- Trapped by something collapsing
- Stuck by moving, falling object
Consultivo – partnering your journey towards safety excellence
If there’s anything we may help you with, please drop in a message.