With an increase in reported injuries and deaths associated with the use of electricity, Electrical Safety has become an area of concern for all types of industries.
Nearly 40% of electrical accidents have resulted into fatality indicating its potential of severity.
Reduce workplace risks and create safer working environments.
Where do I require Electrical Safety?
Every kind of entity, be it a large hazardous industry or a small service unit, electrical safety is one of the fundamental requirements for their loss prevention strategy. Even, electrical safety is very important for our home. Few of the entities are mentioned below:
- Hazardous industries like Oil & Gas, Pharmaceuticals, Chemical etc.
- Manufacturing units
- Office buildings
- Service sectors like IT Hubs/Data Centres, Hospitals, Hotels, Educational Institutes
- Housing & colonies
It is applicable for organisations of all sizes and types.
Request a free download
Electrical Safety Studies & Consulting
Our specialised resources have been leading the way to safer workplaces for more than 500 organisations/units since 2009.
What we can do for you?
Consultivo electrical safety consultants with global experiences in safety management, customise industry best practices to improve your performance through electrical safety consulting and advisory process. Consultivo services in Electrical Safety include but are not limited to:
Gases, vapours, mists and dusts can all form explosive atmospheres with air. Hazardous area classification is used to identify places where, because of the potential for an explosive atmosphere, special precautions over sources of ignition are needed to prevent fires and explosions.
Hazardous Are Classification is a method of analysing and classifying the environment where explosive gas atmospheres may occur so as to facilitate the proper selection and installation of equipment to be used safely in that environment.
• Eliminate the likelihood of an explosive gas atmosphere occurring around the source of ignition
• Eliminate the source of ignition as much possible
• Determine protective measures, process equipment, systems and procedures so that the likelihood of accidents can be reduced
• Prepare of safety procedures for plant operation and maintenance
• Reduce the overall installation risk level through design improvements
Reference codes and standards: IS 5572, IS/IEC 60079 series, Petroleum Act & Rules, OISD standard, NEC, IEC and ATEX Standards, Industry Good Practices
Lightning Risk Assessment Study is actually the measure of risk of a lightning strike and probability of damages. It assesses the lightening risks to the facility according to international standards requirements. These calculations are according to IEC Standard 62305-2.
In the risk management approach, the lightning threats that create risk are identified, the frequencies of all risk events are estimated, the consequences of the risk events are determined, and if these are above a tolerable level of risk, protection measures are applied to reduce the risk (R) to below the tolerable level (Ra). This involves a choice from a range of protection level efficiencies for protection against direct (d) strikes to the structure and decisions about the extent of other measures for protecting low-voltage and electronic equipment against indirect (i) lightning stresses incident from nearby strikes.
The objective to carry out Infrared scanning (Thermography) to detect hot spot in the Electrical System & to analyse the hotspots as per NFPA & NETA Standards.
General coverage of a Thermography Study inclide:
• HT System – Cable Termination, Dual Pole Structure, CT, PT
• Transformer – Transformer Bushing, LT side cable termination, Fins, Conservator
• LT Panel Rooms – LT Panels, Capacitor Banks / terminations, Servos
• UPS, All LDBs, PDBs, Feeders, MCB DB, Terminations
Harmonics are AC Voltages and Currents with frequencies with integral multiples of the fundamental frequency. Most of the times, industrial load non-linear which generates harmonics. Harmonics arise from inverters, VFDs, rectifiers, voltage controllers, frequency controllers and other semiconductor switching devices generators, transformers, welders and arc furnaces.
Harmonic Study Analysis is a proactive way to safeguard electrical and electronic equipment from damage due to rise in harmonic levels.
The study identifies harmonic sources, recommend ways to protect the equipment from power related problems and ensures safety against loss and interruptions.
Arc Flash is a dangerous condition associated with the release of energy caused by an electric arc. The temperature can reach 195000 C. Fatal burns can occur at distances over 10 ft. and sound associated with these pressures can exceed 160 dB.
Arc Flash Study scope includes
• Determination of the risk of personal injury as a result of exposure to incident energy from an electrical arc flash
• Determination of the incident energy evolved, safe flash protection boundary and PPE requirements as a function of location and work activity
• To provide designers and facility operators to apply in determining the arc-flash hazard distance and the incident energy to which employees could be exposed during their work on or near electrical equipment
Consultivo Safety Consulting Methods
Our safety experts work with your organisation to customise and implement our safety management tools to help you to reduce injuries and enhance organisational excellence in the safety culture development. We tailor the global best practices we’ve learnt and developed to build on your organisation’s specific strengths.
Consultivo ELECTRICAL SAFETY TRAINING
Consultivo Electricity Safety Training courses are designed to build competence among professionals on the identification, assessment & mitigation of electrical hazards in their respective workplaces.