OHSAS 18001 is a management system focusing on occupational health & safety of the employees of the organisation based on the Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) approach.
An effective health & safety management system provide benefits to the organisation as well as its customers and give a competitive advantage by:
• Management’s commitment to maintain an effective health and safety policy & system
• Minimising the risks of production delays
• Providing an overall safe environment to do business
Other benefits include making an organisation more efficient, able to meet different applicable legal requirements and help to improve staff morale by making the workplace a safer environment to work in.
Assuring safety for your organisation
Have your pick!
Our specialised resources have been leading the way to safer workplaces for more than 400 organisations since 2009.
How can we work together?
Consultivo advisory services will help you to gain a comprehensive understanding of the OHSAS 18001 requirements of your organisation. We offer a full portfolio of comprehensive services to support your understanding and implementation.
Review existing management system relating to OH&S and conduct a ‘Gap Analysis’ to identify areas/systems that are either not in place or not complying with OHSAS 18001 requirements.
Guide the Implementation team in preparing for and implementing various requirements, as per OHSAS 18001 clauses, including the following:
• OH&S Policy, objectives & targets
• OH&S Programs (Action plans)
• Participation, consultation and communication mechanisms related to OH&S matters
• Evaluation of OH&S needs and competencies at various levels in PPL site
• Incident & accident reporting & investigation mechanisms
• Corrective & preventive actions mechanism
• OH&S performance measuring/monitoring & evaluation
• Evaluation of Emergency Preparedness and Response Plans and aligning them w.r.t. OHSAS 18001 requirements
• Preparation of necessary OH&S documentation meeting OHSAS 18001 requirements, including OH&S manual
• Guide the implementation team in completing and documenting the Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment exercise, as required under OHSAS 18001
Consultivo consultants will help the client to plan and carry out internal audits. Once the audit process is completed by our internal auditors, we will help you to prepare for management review meeting and to conduct a gap analysis on the final implementation.
• OHSAS 18001 awareness sessions
• OHSAS 18001 Internal Auditor
We offer detailed internal auditor training based on different requirement of OHSAS 18001 customised to the organisation’s need through our academy.
Benefits to the organisation
• Improving your reputation and increasing your opportunities to gain new business
• Minimising risks of downtime through accidents
• Demonstrating your commitment to meet legal obligations
• Possible cost savings from public liability insurance premiums
• Maintaining compliance to legal requirements
• Providing a robust system to maintain and continually improve health & safety
ISO 45001 will replace OHSAS 18001:2007. Organisations already certified to OHSAS 18001 will have three years to comply with the new ISO 45001 standard requirements. The International Accreditation Forum (IAF) has developed the migration requirements to help certified organisations, certification bodies, accreditation bodies and other interested parties.
Migrating from OHSAS 18001 to the new International Standard ISO 45001 may have its challenges but with careful planning, checking & commitment, organisations, their employees & all stakeholders will enjoy the benefits of improved health & safety management systems.
Popular posts in safety
in “Consultivo Initiative”
in “Consultivo Initiative”
in “Consultivo Thought Leadership”
Featured Consultivo Safety Training Programmes
by Consultivo Academy
by ConSkills – a skill training hub by Consultivo