An initial gap assessment to understand the level of alignment of your existing system and the requirements of SA 8000 standard. This will reduce the rework for designing something if your existing system already has that.
A report based on gap assessment will indicate compliance level of organisation against national legal requirements & that in SA 8000 standard
- Discussion with your top management to understand their organisational vision, mission, directions, resource mobilization ability and priority areas. A roadmap will be developed to implement the system within a given timeline
- A detail visit of the facility, discussion with key members & formation of a core team
- Providing awareness training on SA 8000 standard, internal audit, documentation requirement to the core team
- Development of documents including templates & necessary guidance to the core team for preparation & maintenance of the same. We align the desired documents with your existing documentation system, to reduce duplication and to facilitate change management. This will ensure smooth integration of SA 8000 documentation with current practices & save time in the project implementation
- Implementation handholding through visits & leadership
- Support in Internal Audit, assistance for closing corrective action plan
- Conduct Management review meeting in accordance with the requirement of SA 8000 standard
- Liaison with certification body for initial audit. Support in certification audit & closure of corrective action plan given by certification body.
- Integrate SA 8000 with other management system standards
SA 8000 standard is compatible with other management systems standards and specifications, such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISO 17025, and different other management standards.
Consultivo specialists can help you to integrate seamlessly through Integrated Management system approach, which can offer excellent value for money and an easier approach to implement, manage and improve multiple standards simultaneously.
- Training – Awareness/ Implementation and Internal Auditor Training on SA 8000
Training, awareness and capacity building of the different levels of workforce is a very integrated and critical element of an effective and productive social accountability management system.
Consultivo trainers use state of art training methodologies that ensure application-oriented learning with high retention. For details, follow Consultivo Training.
Join the journey of SA 8000 certification with Consultivo.
Human resource & its aspects form an integral part of operations of any organisation. Besides their own workers, companies have multiple suppliers or vendors whose contribution is equally important for the growth of an organisation. Any ignorance of the welfare of the workers & suppliers can have a negative effect not only on business but on the overall reputation & brand image. SA 8000 standard certification provides an opportunity to address all legal rights & welfare of its worker’s & vendors & thus demonstrate its commitment towards an ethical workplace & transparency to all the stakeholders.
When implemented, it helps your organisation in the following way:
- Increased reputation & better brand image
- Enhanced trust, confidence & loyalty of stakeholders
- Legal compliance through a systematic management of statutory and regulatory requirements
- Improves supply chain management & performance
- Better retention of employees
- Improves workplace environment & employee engagement
- Mitigate business risks by addressing labour laws & workplace issues
- Ensures ethical production & services
WHAT IS SA8000?
SA8000 is one of the world’s first auditable social certification standard. It is a management system that ensured that the working conditions & practices in an organisation are as per legal requirements as well as socially acceptable.The SA 8000 standard is a tool to measure the compliance to working conditions as defined by International Labour Organisation & Universal Declaration of Human Rights.