Learning from experiences through incident investigation is a fundamental element in any safety management system.
It will enable organisations to meet their moral and legal obligations to investigate accidents and incidents and learn from safety failure.
This course will provide delegates with a broad understanding on how to conduct an effective incident investigation through principles and practice of accident & incident investigation. Participants will be exposed to a simulation of investigation situations to analyse incident case studies. They will use the collaborative learning from the course and apply critical thinking skills to conduct an incident investigation during the course.
Consultivo Academy brings to you the Accident & Incident Investigation Training programme to inspire the excellence within you.
Each participant will be receiving a certificate by Consultivo Academy.
As per your convenience
Have your pick!
Accident & Incident Investigation Training
Team it up with training!
Our specialised resources have trained more than 5000 professionals since 2009.
Who all can attend
Training is suitable for line managers, operations and maintenance managers, technical, and maintenance engineers, supervisors, safety representatives – and anyone with the responsibility for investigating accidents.
One/Two days depending on the organisation’s requirement & learning objectives
One day: Understanding and awareness level
Two days: Understanding, awareness and practice to develop competence. More practical and hands on case-studies are used in the two-day duration Accident & Incident Investigation course.
Fundamental knowledge of the participants on safety management, occupational health & safety hazards & their control measures will enhance the effectiveness of attending the course.
- This course has been designed to help businesses to comply with legislation and safety management system like ISO 45001 requirements by identifying root causes to guard against future incidents. Actually, companies undertaking proper accident investigations experience a reduction in incidents
- It will enable the participant to make practical improvements & positive contributions to the existing work practices
- It will build stakeholder confidence through promoting a mature approach to learning from mistakes
Earn Your Consultivo Academy Certificate
Successful Completion of the Accident & Incident Investigation course earns you a Consultivo Academy Certificate, an industry accepted & recognised safety program based on proven best training practices.
Organisations may opt for a Training Summary Report after completion of the training session. The report generally summarises the output of the session in terms of satisfaction and knowledge gained when applicable.
The way forward
- To build a better competency at the individual level, the participant should identify a coach, apply the knowledge & skill learnt from the course to select incidents in their area.
- An assessment on the competency improvement on Accident & Incident Investigation is also suggested after certain time interval.
- It is recommended that participants go through an e-learning refresher course once a year and instructor-led refresher training once every three years.
This course features a collaborative problem-based learning approach that provides an individual competence building experience through an overview and basic knowledge of incident investigation; theory, approach, investigation process (e.g. setting up investigation team, mandate), methods and tools, and reporting of incidents (including follow-up).
Topics covered include:
- Principles of accident investigation, how to determine which incidents warrant investigation
- Benefits of accident prevention
- Basic concepts of human factors related to incident reporting
- Accident reporting and scope of investigation, what data to include in investigation reports
- Accident investigation techniques, how to use effective investigation and interviewing techniques to gather complete, objective and accurate data
- The course will cover one or more of the Systematic Cause Analysis Techniques like Why-Why Analysis, Fish Bone Diagram, Six Thinking Hats, Loss Causation Model, Barrier based techniques etc.
- Stages of accident investigation, how to analyse incidents to identify root causes
- Hazard control measures, effective closure of an investigation and follow-up
- Practical exercises and case-study
- Action Items – at the end of this course, participants would compile a list of action items based on their learning to apply back on the job
The course can be tailor made in terms of duration, level of detail, and according to company requirements.
A Participant workbook will be provided.
Pre and Post Assessment is an option for this course