[Course ID: CT-503]
This programme is an introduction on how to approach the managing of hazardous chemicals. The programme is customised to local demands, by adding a session on laws and regulations in India concerning chemicals. It will enable organisations to meet their moral and legal obligations to ensure a safe workplace for their employees and contractors.
Consultivo Chemical Safety Training courses are designed to build competence among professionals on the identification, assessment & mitigation of chemical hazards in their respective workplaces.
Who should attend?
This course is designed and customised for different level of professionals depending upon the need of the organisations. Typically, following are the target participants:
- Safety representatives, Shift Engineers, inspectors, worker-representatives or shop supervisors.
However, Consultivo Academy can design & develop this course for any set of target participants as per the need of the organisation.
- 1-day understanding & awareness training
- 2-day understanding, awareness and implementation level course with more case studies and live examples
- 6-hour eLearning module
The course-duration can be chosen depending on the requirement, course coverage and target participants.
Fundamental knowledge of the participants on their existing process & activities will enhance the effectiveness of attending the course.
This course features a unique learning approach that provides an individual knowledge & awareness building experience through the following topics. These topics are flexible & in a modular format which you may pick & choose according to your company requirements, terms of duration, level of detail etc.
- Introduction to Chemical Safety
- The need
- ILO Recommendations
- Identification and Classification systems of hazardous chemicals
- Chemical Hazard identification and analysis
- Hazard Control
- Hazardous area classification
Emergency Preparedness and Response Hazard communication
- Understand chemical safety data sheet
- Storage, Handling and Transportation
- National Codes, Standards and Legal Requirements related to Chemical Handling, Storage and Transportation
- Course summary and evaluation
As per your convenience
Have your pick!
Course Outcome – Learning Objectives
- This course has been designed to help businesses to develop people awareness of the chemical safety issues of the workplaces and their mitigation methods
- It will enable the participant to make practical improvements & positive contributions in terms of chemical safety to the existing work practices
- Build stakeholder confidence through promoting a structured approach towards loss prevention
Get a customised quote for your organisation’s Workplace Chemical Safety Audit
Consultivo courses are equipped with Pre and Post course assessments(where applicable) to evaluate the learning effectiveness.
For in-house courses, a summary report is shared with the customer summarising the output of the session in terms of satisfaction and knowledge gained when applicable.
Earn your Certificate!
Attended/Successfully Completed Certificates are issued for each participant.
Nationally/Internationally accepted certificates are issued by Consultivo Academy. You may also opt for a joint certificate by Consultivo Academy & ICC (Indian Chamber of Commerce) or ISTD (Indian Society of Training & Development).
- Participant workbook/handbook
- Action item/plan worksheet
Bit size courses
Pick from our quick learning sessions (generally of 3-hour duration) under our ‘OTP – One Topic Programme’ for your workers, supervisors and engineers.
You may choose your most relevant topics like: Chemical Hazard identification and analysis, Hazardous area classification, Chemical safety data sheet, National Codes, Standards and Legal Requirements related to Chemical Handling, Storage and Transportation etc.
The way forward
- An assessment on the competency improvement on chemical safety is also suggested after a certain time interval
- It is recommended that participants go through an e-learning refresher course once a year and instructor-led refresher training once every three years
Learn from our experiences
Trainers’ Profile: All Consultivo trainers are having 15-30 years of hand on industry experiences backed up by relevant education and professional qualifications. They are also specially trained on the training skills and techniques and adult learning pedagogy.
Modes of Training
- Onsite Training: Onsite trainings are organised at your place with customised course content specific to your organisational hazards and target participants.
- Online Training: Organisations may opt for developing this course in eLearning format (SCORM) to run through their own eLearning Management System (LMS) platform. Consultivo developed eLearning courses are interactive, modular and can be developed in vernacular languages.
- Public Training: Consultivo Academy organises regular public courses on Electrical Safety where you may nominate yourself or your colleagues. In our public courses, participants from different industry sectors join to share their experiences and gain collaborative subject knowledge.
If there’s anything we may help you with, please let us know.
Do you want us to get in touch with you? We would love to.