Contract labour constitutes a large section of the vast multitude of organised and unorganised labour in the country. It is an inevitable economic necessity because the system provides much-needed employment to a large number of workers in various projects and jobs. Moreover, while some jobs are of a purely temporary nature requiring workers on a casual, some others require special skills and workers need to be hired for short periods.
The Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Act, 1970 was passed to prevent the exploitation of contract labour and also to introduce better conditions of work. It provides for the abolition of contract labour wherever possible and practicable and regulation of their employment where it cannot be abolished altogether. In the Gammon India Ltd vs. Union of India case, the Supreme Court held that none of the provisions of the Act was unreasonable or excessive in character as to be unconstitutional.
This course will cover two fundamental aspects of Contract labour management – the compliance to relevant Indian legal requirements and the tools and techniques to improve productivity.
Consultivo Academy brings to you the Contract Labour Management Practices for Enhanced Compliance and Productivity training programme to inspire the excellence within you.
Each participant will be receiving a joint certificate from the Indian Chamber of Commerce (ICC) and Consultivo Academy.
Contract Labour Management Practices for Enhanced Compliance and Productivity Training
Team it up with training!
Our specialised resources have trained more than 5000 professionals since 2009.
The course duration will be of One Day.
- Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Act, 1970
- Indian Contract Act
- Applicable labour laws related to contract labour management
- Factories act
- Payment of wages act
- ESI Act
- Provident Fund Act
- Payment of Bonus Act
- Maternity Benefit Act
- Prevention of Sexual Harassment Act
- Employee Compensation Act
4. Statutory documentation related to contract labour
- How to Enhance Productivity
- Motivation, Reward, Recognition
- Safety at workplace
- Skill enhancement programs
- Beyond compliance
At the end of the course the participants will be able to learn:
- The practical aspects of rules and regulations that are applicable for contract labour management
- The important legal issues while managing contract labour
- How to enhance the productivity of the contractual workforce
Who should attend
All HR/IR professionals, HR managers, HR officers, line managers, front line supervisors, labour welfare officer employing and/or dealing with contractual workmen.