[Course ID: CT-504]
Contract workers are a vulnerable population. With contractors often performing higher risk jobs in work sites with little to no management supervision, one of the best practices in an employer’s safety and health programme is to have a formal contractor management programme.
This programme is an introduction on how to approach the Contractor Safety Management. The programme is customised to local demands, by adding a session on laws and regulations in India concerning contractor safety.
It will enable organisations to meet their moral and legal obligations to ensure a safe workplace for their contractors.
Who should attend?
This training is relevant and applicable to procurement, contract, materials, operations and maintenance managers and front-line engineers.
However, Consultivo Academy can design & develop this course for any set of target participants as per the need of the organisation.
One day: Understanding and awareness level course
Two days: Understanding, awareness and implementation level course with more case studies and live examples
- 8-hour eLearning module
The course-duration can be chosen depending on the requirement, course coverage and target participants.
Fundamental knowledge of the participants on their existing contractor-related activities will enhance the effectiveness of attending the course.
This course features a unique learning approach that provides an individual knowledge & awareness building experience through an overview and basic knowledge of contractor safety requirements.
Topics covered include:
- Host Employer Responsibilities
- Contractor Responsibilities
- Subcontractor Responsibilities
3. Contract administration including prequalification, bidding and awarding, management commitment and more
4. Pre-job briefing
5. Managing the worksite & hazardous activities
- Awareness & competence of the workers, supervisors
- Hazard communication
- Lock out/Tag out
- Permit to Work
The course can be tailor made in terms of duration, level of detail and according to company requirements.
As per your convenience
Have your pick!
Course Outcome – Learning Objectives
- This course has been designed to help businesses to develop people awareness of the contractor safety issues of the workplaces and their mitigation methods
- It will enable the participant to make practical improvements & positive contributions in terms of contractor safety to the existing work practices
- Build stakeholder confidence through promoting a structured approach towards loss prevention
Consultivo has conducted an independent study, ‘Leadership Challenges in managing contractor induced risk at workplaces’, with Confederation of Indian Industries(CII). This study examines the impact of leadership on contractor management programs.
Get a customised quote for your organisation’s Contractor Safety Audit
Consultivo courses are equipped with Pre and Post course assessments (where applicable) to evaluate the learning effectiveness.
Organisations may opt for a Training Summary Report after completion of the training session. The report generally summarises the output of the session in terms of satisfaction and knowledge gained when applicable.
Earn your Certificate!
Successful Completion of the Contractor Safety Management course earns you a Consultivo Academy Certificate, an industry-accepted & recognised safety programme based on proven best training practices.
Attended/Successfully Completed Certificates are issued for each participant.
Nationally/Internationally accepted certificates are issued by Consultivo Academy. You may also opt for a joint certificate by Consultivo Academy & ICC (Indian Chamber of Commerce) or ISTD (Indian Society of Training & Development).
- Participant workbook/handbook
- Action item/plan worksheet
Bit size courses
Pick from our quick learning sessions (generally of 3-hour duration) under our ‘OTP – One Topic Programme’ for your workers, supervisors and engineers.
You may choose your most relevant topics like: Contract administration, Awareness & competence of the workers, supervisors, Hazard communication, Lock out/Tag out, Permit to Work, etc
- An assessment of the competency improvement on contractor safety management is also suggested after a certain time interval.
- It is recommended for the participants to go through an e-learning refresher course once a year and instructor-led refresher training once every three years.
Learn from our experiences
Trainers’ Profile: All Consultivo trainers are having 15-30 years of hand on industry experiences backed up by relevant education and professional qualifications. They are also specially trained on the training skills and techniques and adult learning pedagogy.
Modes of Training
- Onsite Training: Onsite trainings are organised at your place with customised course content specific to your organisational hazards and target participants.
- Online Training: Organisations may opt for developing this course in eLearning format (SCORM) to run through their own eLearning Management System (LMS) platform. Consultivo developed eLearning courses are interactive, modular and can be developed in vernacular languages.
- Public Training: Consultivo Academy organises regular public courses on Electrical Safety where you may nominate yourself or your colleagues. In our public courses, participants from different industry sectors join to share their experiences and gain collaborative subject knowledge.
If there’s anything we may help you with, please let us know.
Do you want us to get in touch with you? We would love to.