[Course ID: CT-501]
Electrical hazards are increasingly posing higher risks to people and property in the form of shocks, burns, injury, fire and explosion.
Consultivo Electricity Safety Training courses are designed to build competence among professionals on the identification, assessment & mitigation of electrical hazards in their respective workplaces.
Who should attend?
This course is designed and customised for different level of professionals depending upon the need of the organisations. Typically, following are the target participants:
- Front end engineers & supervisors from safety, maintenance, production, projects
- Workers: who are directly exposed to direct electrical safety hazards
However, Consultivo Academy can design & develop this course for any set of target participants as per the need of the organisation.
Conskills is the specialised worker training hub from Consultivo.
- 1-day understanding & awareness training
- 2-day workshop
- 3-day advanced on-site workshop: Understanding, awareness and implementation level course with more case studies and live examples
- 8-hour eLearning module
The course-duration can be chosen depending on the requirement, course coverage and target participants.
This course features a unique learning approach that provides an individual knowledge & awareness building experience through the following topics. These topics are flexible & in a modular format which you may pick & choose according to your company requirements, terms of duration, level of detail etc.
- Fundamentals of Electrical Safety
- Electrical safety management program in PDCA framework – Risk Management
- Electrical Hazard Identification
- Activities & situations where electrical energy may pose risk to human
- Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment (HIRA) for electrical hazards
- Control Measures
- Country-specific statutory requirements – Indian Electricity Rules, Central Electricity Authority Regulations, 2010, National Building Code, 2016 (For India)
- 20-point Good Industry Practices – Hazard mitigation procedure for different types of hazards – Earthing, Static Electricity, Arc Flash, Transformer, Power CC, Motor Control Centre (MCC), DOL Starter, Motors, Portable tools, Work Permit, LOTO, PPE, Hazard Communication etc.
- Measurement & Monitoring
- Periodic testing & maintenance
- Electrical Safety Self-Assessment (audit)
- Qualification & Competency requirements
- Case Studies of Electrical accidents
- Action Plans
As per your convenience
Have your pick!
Course Outcome – Learning Objectives
By the end of the end of the session, the participants should be able to understand:
- Fundamentals of Electrical Safety
- About the electrical hazards & associate risks in the workplace, including electric shock, burn, fire and arc flash/blast
- The elements of an electrical safety management program in PDCA framework – program principles, Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment, controls and procedures and, Audit
- The general requirements for maintaining electrical safety in the workplace, including PPE, approach boundaries, the arc flash boundary and working while exposed to electrical hazards
- The proper use of test instruments and equipment
Get a customised quote for your organisation’s Electrical Safety Audit
Consultivo courses are equipped with Pre and Post course assessments(where applicable) to evaluate the learning effectiveness.
For in-house courses, a summary report is shared with the customer summarising the output of the session in terms of satisfaction and knowledge gained when applicable.
Earn your Certificate!
Attended/Successfully Completed Certificates are issued for each participant.
Nationally/Internationally accepted certificates are issued by Consultivo Academy. You may also opt for a joint certificate by Consultivo Academy & ICC (Indian Chamber of Commerce) or ISTD (Indian Society of Training & Development).
- Participant workbook/handbook
- Self-Assessment Checklist for Electrical Safety Audit
- Action item/plan worksheet
Bit size courses
Pick from our quick learning sessions (generally of 3-hour duration) under our ‘OTP – One Topic Programme’ for your workers, supervisors and engineers.
You may choose your most relevant topics like: Earthing Protection, Arc Flash Protection, Static Electricity & Lightning Protection, Hazardous Area Classification etc.
Learn from our experiences
Trainers’ Profile: All Consultivo trainers are having 15-30 years of hand on industry experiences backed up by relevant education and professional qualifications. They are also specially trained on the training skills and techniques and adult learning pedagogy.
Modes of Training
- Onsite Training: Onsite trainings are organised at your place with customised course content specific to your organisational hazards and target participants.
- Online Training: Organisations may opt for developing this course in eLearning format (SCORM) to run through their own eLearning Management System (LMS) platform. Consultivo developed eLearning courses are interactive, modular and can be developed in vernacular languages.
- Public Training: Consultivo Academy organises regular public courses on Electrical Safety where you may nominate yourself or your colleagues. In our public courses, participants from different industry sectors join to share their experiences and gain collaborative subject knowledge.
If there’s anything we may help you with, please let us know.
Do you want us to get in touch with you? We would love to.