[Course ID: CT-520]
There is a greater need to understand financial information, particularly the balance sheet, profit and loss account and cash flow statement as companies strive to enhance their shareholders’ funds.
This course will be Helping non-financial professionals raise their awareness of finance and use financial information in making better business decisions. This workshop will provide basic financial principles and cover generic financial management tools necessary for decision making.
Learning is achieved via examples, which reinforce the theory, and topic-related case studies which successfully simplify the financial topic for the non-financial person.
Who should attend?
This training is for Directors, Middle Management Executives and Managers or anyone who uses financial information in the course of their work across functions without any restriction to industry..
However, Consultivo Academy can design & develop this course for any set of target participants as per the need of the organisation.
One day: Understanding and awareness level course
Two days: Understanding, awareness and implementation level course
Three days: Understanding, awareness, implementation and more case studies
- May request for a 6-hour customised eLearning module
The course-duration can be chosen depending on the requirement, course coverage and target participants.
This course features a unique learning approach that provides an individual knowledge & awareness building experience through an overview and basic knowledge of occupational health & safety.
Topics covered include:
2. Financial statements
- Understand the main components of a typical set of financial statements or annual report – Profit and Loss Account, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement. Appreciate the key underlying accounting concepts used in the preparation of financial statements
3. Business Analysis
- Know how to interpret financial statements and analyse businesses using the 7-step approach – Perform a SWOT analysis using financial statements
4. Cash Operating Cycle
- Understand the cash operating cycle and what affects a company’s cash flow – Manage the cash operating cycle
5. Operational Budgeting
- Construct a Budget
- Use Budgets Efficiently
- Avoid Budgeting Fallacies
- Work with Different Budgeting Techniques
- Integration of business decisions with the concepts Capital Budgeting, Investments, Working Capital Management, Capital Structure Decisions, and Dividend Policy
6. Cost Analysis, Profit Planning
- Know the different categories of costs which exist and their implication on costing – Understand costing concepts, and apply them in making business decisions
- Categorise Costs in a Different Way, to Make Better Business Decisions “At the Margin”
- Utilize a Model That Determines Break-Even Levels of Quantity, Price, and Cost
7. Investment Appraisal Tools
- Understand apply the payback period, net present value and internal rate of return methods of project appraisal in decision-making – Understand briefly the concepts of shareholder value, gearing and weighted average cost of capital
8. Evaluating Financial Statements – Compute the Financial Ratios Used by Financial Analysts to Assess
- The Liquidity of a Business
- The Profitability of a Business
- The Risk of a Business
- Understanding the Income Statement and Balance Sheet of an organisation
9. The Time Value of Money
- Compute a Time Value for Money
- Simple Mathematics of Compound Interest and of Present Value
10. How the Financial Markets Value a Business?
- Different Models of How the Market Values a Business
- Enhance Shareholder Value in Your Organisation
11. Accounting and the Law
- Accounting principles & policies
- Terminology & Jargon
12. The Three Key Financial Statements
- Balance Sheets: Assets; Liabilities; Net current assets, capital employed and how to interpret the information;
- Profit & Loss Account, Types of profit, and Layout & use of the profit & loss account
- Cash Flow Statements: Importance of cash flow and Impact of credit and credit control, Problems affecting cash flow. Dealing with Debtors and Creditors
13. Using Key Ratios to Analyse Accounts and to Support Investment Decisions
- Return on Capital Employed (ROCE)
- Current Ratios, Quick Ratios, Debtor Days, Stock Turn
- Net Present Value (NPV) of cash flows and projects
- Investment decisions and Return on Investment (ROI); Cost of capital
- Gearing, is the level of borrowing too risky?
- Liquidity, could the company hit cash flow problems?
- Profitability, how well is the company doing
14. Revenue and Capital Expenditure
- What are Capital and Revenue Expenditure
- Phasing of capital spend and its implications for budget holders
15. Depreciation and Amortisation of Assets and liabilities
- What is Depreciation
- What is Amortisation
- Goodwill; its purpose, calculation and impact
16. Company Acquisitions and Disposals
- The valuation of target company acquisitions
- The treatment of company acquisitions and disposals
- The impact of acquisitions upon the financial results
- The financial pitfalls relating to acquisitions and disposals
- The impact of acquisitions upon the market value of the organisation
17. Consolidated Accounts
- Their purpose and definition
- Goodwill evaluation and its stated value in the accounts
18. Share Price and Share Valuation
- The importance of Share Price/Valuation
- Acquisitions as a tool to create shareholder value and move the Share Price upwards
- Management of the Share Price/Valuation
19. Costing and the Impact of Costing Assumptions on Business Decisions
- Cost types & behaviours and their Impact on decisions
- Break-even and Contribution Analysis
- Direct and Indirect Costs: fixed, Mixed and variable costs
- How costs are determined and predicting profit
- How the cost structure can affect planning and decision making
- Full Costing, Marginal Costing and Activity Based Costing (ABC)
20. Other Financial Factors and their Influence on Decision Making
- The interaction of taxation and business planning
- Accounting policies as significant drivers of business decisions
The course can be tailor made in terms of duration, level of detail, and according to company requirements.
As per your convenience
Have your pick!
Course Outcome – Learning Objectives
- By raising financial awareness, participants will be better able to manage businesses’ revenues, costs, profits and cash
- Participants will also be able to use their new financial knowledge to make more effective decisions.
Courses you may like!
Motivation and Positive Attitude
Supervisory Skill Development
Find out how Consultivo Training is unique
Learn from our experiences
Trainers’ Profile: All Consultivo trainers are having 15-30 years of hand on industry experiences backed up by relevant education and professional qualifications. They are also specially trained on the training skills and techniques and adult learning pedagogy.
Modes of Training
- Onsite Training: Onsite trainings are organised at your place with customised course content specific to your organisational hazards and target participants.
- Online Training: Organisations may opt for developing this course in eLearning format (SCORM) to run through their own eLearning Management System (LMS) platform. Consultivo developed eLearning courses are interactive, modular and can be developed in vernacular languages.
- Public Training: Consultivo Academy organises regular public courses on Electrical Safety where you may nominate yourself or your colleagues. In our public courses, participants from different industry sectors join to share their experiences and gain collaborative subject knowledge.
Consultivo courses are equipped with Pre and Post course assessments(where applicable) to evaluate the learning effectiveness.
Organisations may opt for a Training Summary Report after completion of the training session. The report generally summarises the output of the session in terms of satisfaction and knowledge gained when applicable.
Earn your Certificate!
Successful Completion of the Finance for Leadership course earns you a Consultivo Academy Certificate, an industry-accepted & recognised safety programme based on proven best training practices.
Nationally/Internationally accepted certificates are issued by Consultivo Academy. You may also opt for a joint certificate by Consultivo Academy & ICC (Indian Chamber of Commerce) or ISTD (Indian Society of Training & Development).
- Participant workbook/handbook
- Action item/plan worksheet
Bit size courses
Pick from our quick learning sessions (generally of 3-hour duration) under our ‘OTP – One Topic Programme’ for your workers, supervisors and engineers.
You may choose your most relevant topics like: Financial statements, Business analysis, Cash operating cycle, Operational Budgeting, Accounting and the law, Revenue and Capital Expenditure, Share price and Share valuation, etc
- An assessment on the competency improvement on Financial acumen is also suggested after certain time interval
- It is recommended that participants go through an e-learning refresher course after one year
If there’s anything we may help you with, please let us know.
Do you want us to get in touch with you? We would love to.