[Course ID: CT-534]
Risk Management is a vital part of any proactive system management, though relatively few organisations have been able to effectively weave it into their daily processes. Hazard identification and the assessment of significance is the key to the whole system as it is the impacts of significant risks that needs to be managed. All hazards must be identified in order to determine if they are significant. Significance is determined via the assessment process and this in turn requires that appropriate controls are put in place to reduce this risk exposure to an acceptable level. The types of risk exposures to be considered include all those that could lead to death, ill health, injury or other loss to human.
The objective of carrying out a risk assessment is to determine whether any identified people or ecological values are likely to be adversely affected by soil, water, or air contamination. This will enable land managers to make decisions about managing contaminant risks on sites of concern.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for frontline engineers and middle management
However, Consultivo Academy can design & develop this course for any set of target participants as per the need of the organisation.
Half Day: Awareness level course suitable for top management
One day: Understanding and awareness level course suitable for supervisors and workers
Two days: Understanding, awareness and implementation level course suitable for front line managers & engineers
- 6-hour eLearning module
The course-duration can be chosen depending on the requirement, course coverage and target participants.
Topics covered include:
A. Introduction of course objectives / methodology
B. Introduction to concept of Risk Management
- Definitions (Hazard, Hazardous Situations, Hazardous Event, Fault, Failure, Harm, Risk, Risk Analysis, Risk Assessment Matrix, ALARP)
- ISO 45001 requirements related to HIRA
- Risk Identification
- Risk Assessment
- Risk Management
- Risk Recovery
- Risk Recording
C. Risk assessment
- Assessment Methodologies
- Semi Qualitative
- Defining Likelihood
- Defining Consequence
- Determining Acceptability (ALARP)
- Risk Assessment Matrix & Risk Assessment in line with ISO 45001&ITCHIRA procedure
D. Risk management
E. Basic Principles including Hierarchy of Control Measures
F. Risk recovery
- Emergency Management
G. Risk recording
- HIRA Worksheet Formats and Register, Safety Cases
H. Evaluation & Conclusion
As per your convenience
Have your pick!
Course Outcome – Learning Objectives
- This course has been designed to help participants with the understanding of occupational health & safety (OHS) Risk Management
- It will enable the participant to understand the Hazard identification and Risk Assessment (HIRA) specific to your organisation
Courses you may like!
At the end of the programme participants shall be able to achieve the following objectives:
- Understanding of Hazard identification and Risk Assessment Framework as per ISO 45001:2018 requirements
- Understanding the basic terms & definitions
- Understanding of Risk Identification Techniques
- Understanding of Hazard Identification Risk Assessment (HIRA) Procedure, Matrix and Formats
- Risk Management
- Risk Recovery
- Risk Recording
Get a customised quote for your organisation’s Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) Audit
Consultivo courses are equipped with Pre and Post course assessments(where applicable) to evaluate the learning effectiveness.
Organisations may opt for a Training Summary Report after completion of the training session. The report generally summarises the output of the session in terms of satisfaction and knowledge gained when applicable.
Earn your Certificate!
Successful Completion of the Hazard Identification and Risk Analysis (HIRA) course earns you a Consultivo Academy Certificate, an industry-accepted & recognised safety programme based on proven best training practices.
Nationally/Internationally accepted certificates are issued by Consultivo Academy. You may also opt for a joint certificate by Consultivo Academy & ICC (Indian Chamber of Commerce) or ISTD (Indian Society of Training & Development).
- Participant workbook/handbook
- Action item/plan worksheet
- Course Agenda
- Slides for each module
- Participant material
- Case Studies
- Appreciation Prizes-Free Bees
- Examination Paper
- ‘Successfully Qualified’ for participants with 70% or more marks
- ‘Attended’ for participants with less than 70% marks
Bit size courses
Pick from our quick learning sessions (generally of 3-hour duration) under our ‘OTP – One Topic Programme’ for your workers, supervisors and engineers.
You may choose your most relevant topics like: Workplace safety & work practices, Hazardous work permit, Emergency Management, etc
- An assessment of the competency improvement on Hazard Identification and Risk Analysis (HIRA) is also suggested after a certain time interval.
- It is recommended for the participants to go through an e-learning refresher course after one year.
Learn from our experiences
Trainers’ Profile: All Consultivo trainers are having 15-30 years of hand on industry experiences backed up by relevant education and professional qualifications. They are also specially trained on the training skills and techniques and adult learning pedagogy.
Modes of Training
- Onsite Training: Onsite trainings are organised at your place with customised course content specific to your organisational hazards and target participants.
- Online Training: Organisations may opt for developing this course in eLearning format (SCORM) to run through their own eLearning Management System (LMS) platform. Consultivo developed eLearning courses are interactive, modular and can be developed in vernacular languages.
- Public Training: Consultivo Academy organises regular public courses on Electrical Safety where you may nominate yourself or your colleagues. In our public courses, participants from different industry sectors join to share their experiences and gain collaborative subject knowledge.
If there’s anything we may help you with, please let us know.
Do you want us to get in touch with you? We would love to.
Slides & Presentations: Trainer will use the slides as a basis of discussion and explain furthermore.
Brain Storming and Buzz Group: Relevant topics would be given to the participants for discussion and obtaining view-points. After a short discussion, trainer(s) will summarise the learning. Time duration 5-10 minutes.
Case study: A situation will be given to the participants for working out the solution. Time duration:15-25 minutes.
Quiz: Interactive assimilation of learning and recapitulation.
Video Clips & Photographs: To depict real-time activities through sequential representation and graphical methods.
Recapitulation: Recapitulation is used to improve learning retention and generally conducted at the end of the sessions/days. Quiz is also used to facilitate the recap process.