consultivo team it up with training

HR Legal Compliance Training

Labour Law is the “Body of Laws, Administrative Rulings, & Precedents” which address the Relationship between & among “Employers, Employees & Labour Organisations”, often dealing with issues of Public Law.

Indian labour law makes a distinction between people who work in “organised” sectors and people who work in “unorganised sectors. The unorganised sector can be defined as that part of the work force that have not been able to organise itself in pursuit of a common objective because of certain constraints such as casual nature of employment, ignorance or illiteracy, superior strength of the employer singly or in combination etc. viz. Construction workers, labour employed in cottage industry, handloom/power loom workers, sweepers and scavengers, beedi and cigar workers etc.

Consultivo Academy

Consultivo Academy brings to you the HR Legal Compliance Training programme to inspire the excellence within you.

Each participant will be receiving a certificate by Consultivo Academy.

As per your convenience

Have your pick!

Classroom

Private on-site

Online

HR Legal Compliance Training

Team it up with training!

5000+ professionals

Our specialised resources have trained more than 5000 professionals since 2009.

Program Overview

As a HR Professional, the number of legal Issues you need to be aware of can be overwhelming. Especially, when you consider the increasingly litigious nature of our society and the many nuances of employment law. You will be taking part in practical exercises that will give you a chance to practice and refine dozens of new HR techniques. With all that is at stake, this is an Investment that will be well worth your time and money to gain peace of mind.

Who all can attend

HR managers, IR / HR professionals, HR officers, labour welfare officer, sustainability officers.

Why labour laws are needed?

This is so because the Acts as they exist today only apply to those workers who have a clear employer‐employee relationship. 50% of India’s workers are self employed like small and marginal farmers, artisans and street vendors, many workers work for contractors or have no fixed employer like agricultural labourers and home‐based workers and also, employers have been decentralising, hiring contract labour and divesting themselves of responsibility, as a result of which even the organised workers are becoming unorganised. Secondly, since workers are not organised, they have no bargaining power. Because of this, even when laws exist, workers are too weak and disorganised to demand them.

Key Benefits

Labour legislation that is adapted to the economic and social challenges of the modern world of work fulfills three crucial roles.

  • It establishes a legal system that facilitates productive individual and collective employment relationships, and therefore a productive economy
  • It provides a framework within which employers, workers and their representatives can interact with regard to work related issues, it serves as an important vehicle for achieving harmonious industrial relations based on workplace democracy
  • It provides a clear and constant reminder and guarantees fundamental principles and rights at work which have received broad social acceptance and establishes the processes through which these principles and rights can be implemented and enforced.

Course coverage

We would cover applicable laws under the following categories

  • Laws Related To Employment & Conditions of ServiceFactories Act, Shops and Establishment Act, contract labour regulation and abolition act
  • Laws Related To Industrial Relations: Trade union act, Industrial Employment Standing Order Act, Industrial Dispute Act
  • Laws Related To Wage Payment: Payment of Wages, Minimum wages act, equal remuneration act
  • Laws Related To Welfare & Social Securities:
  1. The Workmens’ Compensation Act -1923
  2. The Employees PF & MP Act – 1952
  3. The Employees State Insurance Act – 1948
  4. The Maternity Benefit Act – 1961
  5. The Payment of Bonus Act – 1965
  6. The Payment of Gratuity Act – 1972
  • Laws Related Children, Women & Other Deprived And Disadvantaged Sections Of The Society : Child labour Regulation and Abolition Act, Bonded Labour Act, Sexual Harassment Prevention Act

Course Outcome

At the end of the course, the participants will be able to learn the application of the acts and its implications and penalties with case discussions and clarifications.

Did You Know?

In India, only about 8% of workers actually get the benefits available under various Labour Acts. The rest 92% work in the unorganised sector, and either are not eligible for coverage, or these Acts are just not implemented for them, with the result that these workers have insecure employments and low incomes.

Get in touch

+91 90888 22000

[email protected]

consultivo-people-excellence-journey