[Course ID: CT-502]
The Occupational Health and Safety awareness training provides a basic understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety requirements in any type of organisation. It does not replace any sector specific, hazard-specific, or competency specific training.
It will enable organisations to meet their moral and legal obligations to ensure a safe workplace for their employees and contractors.
Who should attend?
This training is relevant and applicable to everybody in the organisation. From Board Members to the workers – In brief, anyone involved in the organisational processes should undergo this awareness program.
However, Consultivo Academy can design & develop this course for any set of target participants as per the need of the organisation.
Conskills is the specialised worker training hub from Consultivo.
Half Day: Awareness level course suitable for top management
One day: Understanding and awareness level course suitable for supervisors and workers
Two days: Understanding, awareness and implementation level course suitable for front line managers & engineers
- 6-hour eLearning module
The course-duration can be chosen depending on the requirement, course coverage and target participants.
This course features a unique learning approach that provides an individual knowledge & awareness building experience through an overview and basic knowledge of occupational health & safety.
Topics covered include:
2. Why safety is important for you
- Family relations – How Family is important to well-being and safety of an individual. What are our responsibilities towards family?
3. Basics of safety
- Fundamental concepts, definitions like hazards, risk, controls, accident, incident
- Hazard identification – Development of the attitude of “Safety First” – Personal and workplace Safety covers how to identify Hazards & Risks in our activities, not only in workplace but also in personal life and how can we make our life safe by prevention or control.
4. Workplace safety & work practices
- Occupational Health & Safety Policy
- Safety Committee participation
- My Machine and workplace – To develop the belongingness to the equipment and workplace and sense of safe habits
- Machine safety – Working on machine & Safe, Machine Guards
- Forklift Safety
- Electrical Safety
- Incident reporting
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
5. Hazardous work permit
6. Emergency Management
- First Aid & Accidents
- Fire prevention and control
- Emergency preparedness and response
7. Conclusion – Your role in safety
The course can be tailor made in terms of duration, level of detail, and according to company requirements.
As per your convenience
Have your pick!
Course Outcome – Learning Objectives
- This course has been designed to help businesses to develop people awareness of the occupational health & safety issues of the workplaces and their mitigation methods.
- It will enable the participant to make practical improvements & positive contributions in terms of safety to the existing work practices.
- Build stakeholder confidence through promoting a structured approach towards loss prevention.
Courses you may like!
Get a customised quote for your organisation’s Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) Audit
Consultivo courses are equipped with Pre and Post course assessments(where applicable) to evaluate the learning effectiveness.
Organisations may opt for a Training Summary Report after completion of the training session. The report generally summarises the output of the session in terms of satisfaction and knowledge gained when applicable.
Earn your Certificate!
Successful Completion of the Industrial Safety Awareness course earns you a Consultivo Academy Certificate, an industry-accepted & recognised safety programme based on proven best training practices.
Nationally/Internationally accepted certificates are issued by Consultivo Academy. You may also opt for a joint certificate by Consultivo Academy & ICC (Indian Chamber of Commerce) or ISTD (Indian Society of Training & Development).
- Participant workbook/handbook
- Action item/plan worksheet
Bit size courses
Pick from our quick learning sessions (generally of 3-hour duration) under our ‘OTP – One Topic Programme’ for your workers, supervisors and engineers.
You may choose your most relevant topics like: Workplace safety & work practices, Hazardous work permit, Emergency Management, etc
- An assessment of the competency improvement on Accident Incident Investigation is also suggested after a certain time interval.
- It is recommended for the participants to go through an e-learning refresher course after one year.
Learn from our experiences
Trainers’ Profile: All Consultivo trainers are having 15-30 years of hand on industry experiences backed up by relevant education and professional qualifications. They are also specially trained on the training skills and techniques and adult learning pedagogy.
Modes of Training
- Onsite Training: Onsite trainings are organised at your place with customised course content specific to your organisational hazards and target participants.
- Online Training: Organisations may opt for developing this course in eLearning format (SCORM) to run through their own eLearning Management System (LMS) platform. Consultivo developed eLearning courses are interactive, modular and can be developed in vernacular languages.
- Public Training: Consultivo Academy organises regular public courses on Electrical Safety where you may nominate yourself or your colleagues. In our public courses, participants from different industry sectors join to share their experiences and gain collaborative subject knowledge.
If there’s anything we may help you with, please let us know.
Do you want us to get in touch with you? We would love to.