This workshop provides a general overview of the concepts, requirements and implementation pathway to the energy management system based on ISO 50001.
The key challenge before the industries in the areas of energy is to minimise specific energy consumption and minimisation of all forms of losses. Using electricity at a lower Power factor in a smelting shop causes inefficient energy consumption. Similarly, leakage of steam from HP Steam header in a power plant causes huge wastage of energy. The implication of this loss of energy or inefficient use of energy is twofold. Firstly, it adds up to the cost of per unit of production and secondly, it shoots up the GHG emission causing high impact on the overall on environment. Sustainability of the process become at stake.
Achieving world-class energy performance requires companies to gain a granular visibility of where one can save and closely monitor the impact of energy efficiency initiatives being implemented.
Consultivo Academy brings to you the Introduction & Implementation to ISO 50001 – Energy Management training programme to inspire the excellence within you.
Each participant will be receiving a certificate by Consultivo Academy.
As per your convenience
Have your pick!
Introduction & Implementation to ISO 50001 – Energy Management
Team it up with training!
Our specialised resources have trained more than 5000 professionals since 2009.
Who all can attend
Training is suitable for line managers, operations and maintenance managers, technical and maintenance engineers, energy managers, sustainability professionals, supervisors and anyone with the responsibility of energy management.
One/Two days depending on the organisation’s requirement & learning objectives
One day: Understanding and awareness level
Two days: Understanding, awareness and implementation approaches
Fundamental knowledge of energy & utilities will be an added advantage for the participants to get full benefit from the course.
- The course enables organisations to understand, establish systems and process necessities to improve energy performance, energy efficiency, and help reduce energy consumption and costs.
- It will enable the participant to make practical improvements & positive contributions to the existing energy management practices
Earn Your Consultivo Academy Certificate
Successful Completion of the course earns you a Consultivo Academy Certificate, an industry accepted & recognised program based on proven best training practices.
Organisations may opt for a Training Summary Report after completion of the training session. The report generally summarises the output of the session in terms of satisfaction and knowledge gained when applicable.
The way forward
- An assessment on the competency improvement on Energy Management is also suggested after a certain time interval.
- It is recommended that participants go through an e-learning refresher course once a year and instructor-led refresher training once every three years.
This course features a collaborative learning approach that provides an individual understanding & knowledge building experience on energy management.
Topics covered include:
- Fundamentals of Energy & Energy Efficiency, Life Cycle Cost Principles
- Understand the guidance and application for energy management systems provided by ISO 50001
- Explain the purpose of ISO 50001 and the benefits to an organisation of using the standard
- Outline key concepts and approaches to an energy management system
- Describe, with reference to Plan – Do – Check – Act cycle, the structure, scope and purpose of ISO 50001
- Outline key ISO 50001 definitions and terminology
- Briefly summarise relevant energy management legislation
- Outline the key requirements of ISO 50001
Depending on the need of the organisation/participants, the following topic modules can be included with increased duration of the training program:
- Energy efficiency in motor drive systems
- Efficiency in boilers and steam systems
- Energy conservation in buildings
- Energy conservation using heat pumps
- Energy economics
- Efficiency conservation in pumping/compressed air
- Energy efficient lighting
- Waste heat recovery
- Benchmarking energy performance
- Energy and climate change
- Energy auditing
- GRI G4 metrics
A Participant workbook will be provided.
Pre and Post Assessment is an option for this course.