[Course ID: CT-532]
Understanding of applicable legal requirements & their systematic requirements is a fundamental element in any safety management system.
This course will provide delegates with a broad understanding of the OHS legal framework in India to understand, appreciate & respect their responsibility related to legal requirements. They will also know the legal requirements applicable to their activities.
They will use the collaborative learning from the course and apply critical thinking skills to conduct an incident investigation during the course.
It will enable organisations to meet their moral and legal obligations to comply with the country specific legal requirements.
Who should attend?
Training is suitable for line managers, operations and maintenance managers, technical, and maintenance engineers, supervisors, safety representatives – and anyone with the responsibility of compliance management.
However, Consultivo Academy can design & develop this course for any set of target participants as per the need of the organisation.
One day: Understanding and awareness level course
Two days: Understanding, awareness and detail study to cover focus legislations applicable for that particular organisation
Three days: Greater coverage on the focus legislations and practical hands on case-studies are unique features of the three-day duration course.
- May request for a customised 6-hour eLearning module
The course-duration can be chosen depending on the requirement, course coverage and target participants.
Fundamental knowledge of the participants on safety management, occupational health & safety hazards and their control measures will enhance the effectiveness of attending the course.
This course features a collaborative problem-based learning approach that provides an individual competence building experience through an overview, basic and detailed knowledge of OHS Legislations: Acts, Rules, approach, compliance process and reporting.
Topics covered include:
- Introduction to Indian legal framework related to occupational health & safety (OHS)
- Basic legal doctrine, jurisprudence w.r.t OHS regulations
- Specific responsibilities of occupier/ factory manager/ safety officer related to fatality / serious accidents and compliance obligations
- Statutory reporting
- Determining negligence, vicarious & strict liability, willful violation, harm/ damages / penalties, duties of role holders
- Practical exercises and case study
- Action Items – at the end of this course, participants would compile a list of action items based on their learning to apply back on the job
Coverage of legislations:
- The Factories Act /The State Factory Rules
- The Building and Other Construction Workers (Regulation of Employment and Conditions of Service) Act – BOCW
- The Static and Mobile Pressure Vessels (Unfired) Rules
- Indian Electricity Act and Rules
- Indian Explosive Act & Rules
- The Boiler Act/ The Boiler Regulations
- The Petroleum Act and Rules
- Gas Cylinder Rules
- Manufacture, Storage and Import of Hazardous Chemical Rules/ Amendment Rules
- The Factories (Control of Industrial Major Accidents Hazards) Rules
- National Building Code
- Public Liability Insurance Act & Rules
- Workmen Compensation act
- Hazardous Waste Rules
- Calcium Carbide Storage & Handling Rules
- Batteries Rules (Management & Handling)
- Indian Railways Act & Rules (inbound)
- Chemical Accidents (Emergency planning, preparedness & response) Rules
- Central Motor Vehicle Rules
- The Atomic Energy (Radiation Protection) Rules
The course can be tailor made in terms of duration, level of detail, and according to company requirements. The organisation can choose selected acts/rules (Focus Legislations) relevant to their industry to cover in greater details. Focus Legislations are covered with detail kinaesthetic case studies and situational simulations.
As per your convenience
Have your pick!
Course Outcome – Learning Objectives
- This course has been designed to help businesses to comply with applicable Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) legislations by clear and comprehensive techno-legal understanding of OSH legislation with respect to intent/preamble enforcement mechanism and status, Act by Act
- It will enable the participant to make practical improvements & positive contributions to the existing work practices by complying with the relevant OHS legislations
- Build stakeholder confidence through promoting a mature approach to compliance
- It will strengthen appreciation of individual’s role, responsibilities / obligations rights under various OHS legislations
Courses you may like!
Get a customised quote for your organisation’s Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) Audit
Consultivo courses are equipped with Pre and Post course assessments(where applicable) to evaluate the learning effectiveness.
Organisations may opt for a Training Summary Report after completion of the training session. The report generally summarises the output of the session in terms of satisfaction and knowledge gained when applicable.
Earn your Certificate!
Successful Completion of the OHS Legal Requirements course earns you a Consultivo Academy Certificate, an industry-accepted & recognised safety programme based on proven best training practices.
Nationally/Internationally accepted certificates are issued by Consultivo Academy. You may also opt for a joint certificate by Consultivo Academy & ICC (Indian Chamber of Commerce) or ISTD (Indian Society of Training & Development).
- Participant workbook/handbook
- Action item/plan worksheet
Bit size courses
Pick from our quick learning sessions (generally of 3-hour duration) under our ‘OTP – One Topic Programme’ for your workers, supervisors and engineers.
You may choose your most relevant topics like: Introduction to Indian legal framework related to occupational health & safety (OHS), Basic legal doctrine, jurisprudence w.r.t OHS regulations, Statutory Reporting, Coverage of various legislations, etc.
- An assessment on the competency improvement on OHS Legal requirements & their use in that particular industry is also suggested after a certain time interval
- It is recommended that participants go through an e-learning refresher course once a year and instructor-led refresher training once every three years
Learn from our experiences
Trainers’ Profile: All Consultivo trainers are having 15-30 years of hand on industry experiences backed up by relevant education and professional qualifications. They are also specially trained on the training skills and techniques and adult learning pedagogy.
Modes of Training
- Onsite Training: Onsite trainings are organised at your place with customised course content specific to your organisational hazards and target participants.
- Online Training: Organisations may opt for developing this course in eLearning format (SCORM) to run through their own eLearning Management System (LMS) platform. Consultivo developed eLearning courses are interactive, modular and can be developed in vernacular languages.
- Public Training: Consultivo Academy organises regular public courses on Electrical Safety where you may nominate yourself or your colleagues. In our public courses, participants from different industry sectors join to share their experiences and gain collaborative subject knowledge.
If there’s anything we may help you with, please let us know.
Do you want us to get in touch with you? We would love to.