Learning from experiences through failure investigation and analysis is a fundamental element in any management system and is considered as the building block of continual improvement.
This course will provide delegates with a broad understanding on how to conduct an effective failure investigation and analysis through principles and practice of FMEA. Participants will be exposed to a simulation of failure analysis situations. They will use the collaborative learning from the course and apply critical thinking skills to conduct an effective failure investigation & root cause identification during the course.
It will enable organisations to meet their requirements of improvement through corrective actions.
Earn Your Consultivo Academy Certificate
Consultivo Academy brings to you the Root Cause Failure Analysis training programme to inspire the excellence within you.
Successful Completion of the course earns you a Consultivo Academy Certificate, an industry accepted & recognised program based on proven best training practices.
As per your convenience
Have your pick!
Root Cause Failure Analysis Training
Team it up with training!
Our specialised resources have trained more than 5000 professionals since 2009.
One/Two days depending on the organisation’s requirement & learning objectives
One day: Understanding and awareness level
Two days: Understanding, awareness and practice to develop competence. More practical and hands on case-studies are used in the two-day duration course.
This course features a collaborative problem-based learning approach that provides an individual competence building experience through an overview and basic knowledge of failure investigation; theory, approach, investigation process, methods and tools, and reporting.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding of the corrections, root causes and corrective action as elements of continual improvement
- Fundamentals of root cause analysis
- Root cause analysis techniques, how to use effective investigation and analysis
The course will cover one or more of the Systematic Cause Analysis Techniques like FMEA, Why-Why Analysis, Fish Bone Diagram, Six Thinking Hats, Loss Causation Model, Barrier based techniques etc.
- Development of corrective action plan (CAP)
- Practical exercises and case study
- Action Items – at the end of this course, participants would compile a list of action items based on their learning to apply back on the job
The course can be tailor made in terms of duration, level of detail, and according to company requirements.
- This course has been designed to help businesses to comply with management system requirements (Improvement: Clause 10 of ISO High Level Structure – HLS) for all management system standards like ISO 9001, 14001, 45001, 50001, 27001 etc. by identifying root causes to guard against future failures.
- It will enable the participant to make practical improvements & positive contributions to the existing work practices
- Build stakeholder confidence through promoting a mature approach to learning from mistakes
Organisations may opt for a Training Summary Report after completion of the training session. The report generally summarises the output of the session in terms of satisfaction and knowledge gained where applicable.
The way forward
- To build a better competency at the individual level, the participant should identify a coach, apply the knowledge & skill learnt from the course to select incidents in their area
- An assessment on the competency improvement on Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) is also suggested after certain time interval
- It is recommended that participants go through an e-learning refresher course once a year and instructor-led refresher training once every three years
Who should attend
This training is suitable for all levels of Management professionals including those involved in ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 management systems, Internal Auditors, operations and maintenance managers, engineers, supervisors, management representatives – and anyone with the responsibility of problem solving.
Fundamental awareness of the participants on industrial processes & related failures, errors, rejections, incidents will enhance the effectiveness of attending the course.
Each participant will be provided with a participant workbook.
Pre and Post Assessment is an option for this course.