[Course ID: CT-515]
Employees of the most of the heavy industries work with different kind of cranes under various circumstances. Crane accidents causes injuries to operators, workers on the job site and even people nearby. The majority of crane accidents are caused by human error which may result in safety risks and uncontrollable downtime. Accidents can be minimised or prevented through proper training and crane usage.
Crane Operator Training is designed for crane operators and the supervisory personnel responsible for the daily operation and safe performance of cranes. The training gives participants the working knowledge to assist in reducing operator errors that may lead to unnecessary downtime. Crane operator training can provide additional knowledge to help avoid possible serious injury to personnel caused by improper crane operation.
Participants will learn local requirements for crane operation.
Who should attend?
This training course on safe crane operation is designed for all personnel who are involved with mechanical material handling equipment & operation, heavy lifting by cranes, crane operation, rigging, supervising & signalling related activities as part of their workplace duties. It will be very beneficial for the people, particularly those who need to manage the risk including safety professionals, maintenance personnel, production, despatch line managers, supervisors, safety auditors.
This training is ideal for newly hired personnel, seasonal workers or for refresher training.In case of in-organisation courses, the organisation is expected to plan a homogeneous mix of participants (e.g. group of engineers & managers, group of shop supervisors & workers) for better effectiveness.
However, Consultivo Academy can design & develop this course for any set of target participants as per the need of the organisation.
Conskills is the specialised worker training hub from Consultivo.
One day: Understanding and awareness level course
Two days: Understanding, awareness and implementation level course with more case studies and live examples
- 6-hour eLearning module
The course-duration can be chosen depending on the requirement, course coverage and target participants.
Fundamental knowledge of the participants on their existing crane operation related activities is a prerequisite for attending the course.
This course features a unique learning approach that provides an individual knowledge & awareness building experience through an overview and basic knowledge of safe crane operation requirements.
Topics covered include:
1. Causes of Crane accidents
2. Legal requirements
3. Operation, maintenance, inspection and storage
- EOT crane
- Lifting machines
- Lifting tools
4. Crane operation safe procedure
- Rules of safe and proficient crane operation
5. Safe slinging practices with all type of slings –
- Wire rope
- Chain sling
- Web slings
6. Safe working load (SWL) calculation
7. Safe rigging, Procedures to attach the load to the hook, Signalling, Recommended hand signals, etc
8. Supervision, Lifting plan preparation, Precise spotting of loads and Making precision lifts proper techniques to minimise load swing
9. Qualification & competence
- Competent person
- Minimum qualifications and requirements for a crane operator
The course can be tailor made in terms of duration, level of detail, and according to company requirements.
As per your convenience
Have your pick!
Course Outcome – Learning Objectives
- This course has been designed to help businesses to develop people awareness and competence on the safe crane operations
- It will enable the participant to make practical improvements & positive contributions in terms of safety to the existing work practices
Courses you may like!
Get a customised quote for your organisation’s Safety Audit
Consultivo courses are equipped with Pre and Post course assessments(where applicable) to evaluate the learning effectiveness.
Organisations may opt for a Training Summary Report after completion of the training session. The report generally summarises the output of the session in terms of satisfaction and knowledge gained when applicable.
Earn your Certificate!
Successful Completion of the safe crane operation course earns you a Consultivo Academy Certificate, an industry-accepted & recognised safety program based on proven best training practices.
Nationally/Internationally accepted certificates are issued by Consultivo Academy. You may also opt for a joint certificate by Consultivo Academy & ICC (Indian Chamber of Commerce) or ISTD (Indian Society of Training & Development).
- Participant workbook/handbook
- Action item/plan worksheet
Bit size courses
Pick from our quick learning sessions (generally of 3-hour duration) under our ‘OTP – One Topic Programme’ for your workers, supervisors and engineers.
You may choose your most relevant topics like: Causes of crane accidents, Legal requirements, Crane operation safe procedure, Safe Working Load (SWL) calculation, etc
- An assessment of the competency improvement on safe crane operation is also suggested after a certain time interval
- It is recommended that participants go through an e-learning refresher course once a year and instructor-led refresher training once every three years.
Learn from our experiences
Trainers’ Profile: All Consultivo trainers are having 15-30 years of hand on industry experiences backed up by relevant education and professional qualifications. They are also specially trained on the training skills and techniques and adult learning pedagogy.
Modes of Training
- Onsite Training: Onsite trainings are organised at your place with customised course content specific to your organisational hazards and target participants.
- Online Training: Organisations may opt for developing this course in eLearning format (SCORM) to run through their own eLearning Management System (LMS) platform. Consultivo developed eLearning courses are interactive, modular and can be developed in vernacular languages.
- Public Training: Consultivo Academy organises regular public courses on Electrical Safety where you may nominate yourself or your colleagues. In our public courses, participants from different industry sectors join to share their experiences and gain collaborative subject knowledge.
If there’s anything we may help you with, please let us know.
Do you want us to get in touch with you? We would love to.