[Course ID: CT-516]
Working at height and use of scaffoldings is a very common activity in every industry and projects, and construction in particular. Accidents can be minimised or prevented through proper training on working at height and use of scaffolding.
This course will provide the information and the necessary tools that you will need in order to recognise the risks associated with the job, you will learn the procedures to control and minimise risks.
Who should attend?
This training course on safe crane operation is designed for all personnel who are involved with mechanical material handling equipment & operation, heavy lifting by cranes, crane operation, rigging, supervising & signalling related activities as part of their workplace duties.
It will be very beneficial for the people, particularly, those who need to manage the risk including safety professionals, maintenance personnel, production, despatch line managers, supervisors, safety auditors.
This training is ideal for newly hired personnel, seasonal workers or for refresher training.
In case of in-organisation courses, the organisation is expected to plan a homogeneous mix of participants (e.g. a group of engineers & managers, a group of shop supervisors & workers) for better effectiveness.
However, Consultivo Academy can design & develop this course for any set of target participants as per the need of the organisation.
Conskills is the specialised worker training hub from Consultivo.
One day: Understanding and awareness level course
Two days: Understanding, awareness and implementation level course with more case studies and live examples
- 6-hour eLearning module
The course-duration can be chosen depending on the requirement, course coverage, learning objectives and target participants.
Fundamental knowledge of the participants on their existing crane operation related activities is a prerequisite for attending the course.
This course features a unique learning approach that provides an individual knowledge & awareness building experience through an overview and basic knowledge of safe crane operation requirements.
The course comprises of the following modules as mentioned below:
- Types of scaffolds
- Requirements – Legal requirements including BOCW, IS Codes, EN 12811 and OSHA standards, and specifications
- Hazards associated with scaffolds
- Causes of accidents related to working at height & use of scaffolds
- Erection, maintenance, inspection of scaffolds
- Safe procedure – General scaffolding requirements
The course can be tailor made in terms of duration, level of detail, and according to company requirements.
As per your convenience
Have your pick!
Course Outcome – Learning Objectives
- This course has been designed to help businesses to develop knowledge and competence on the working at height & use of scaffolds in a safe manner
- It will enable the participant to make practical improvements & positive contributions in terms of safety to the existing work practices
Courses you may like!
Get a customised quote for your organisation’s Safety Audit
Consultivo courses are equipped with Pre and Post course assessments(where applicable) to evaluate the learning effectiveness.
Organisations may opt for a Training Summary Report after completion of the training session. The report generally summarises the output of the session in terms of satisfaction and knowledge gained when applicable.
Earn your Certificate!
Successful Completion of the the Safe Crane Operation course earns you a Consultivo Academy Certificate, an industry-accepted & recognised safety programme based on proven best training practices.
Nationally/Internationally accepted certificates are issued by Consultivo Academy. You may also opt for a joint certificate by Consultivo Academy & ICC (Indian Chamber of Commerce) or ISTD (Indian Society of Training & Development).
- Participant workbook/handbook
- Action item/plan worksheet
Bit size courses
Pick from our quick learning sessions (generally of 3-hour duration) under our ‘OTP – One Topic Programme’ for your workers, supervisors and engineers.
You may choose your most relevant topics like: Requirements – Legal requirements including BOCW, IS Codes, EN 12811 and OSHA standards & specifications, Types of scaffolds, Erection, maintenance, inspection of scaffolds, Safe procedure – General scaffolding requirements, etc
- An assessment of the competency improvement on working at height & use of scaffolds is also suggested after a certain time interval
- It is recommended for the participants to go through an e-learning refresher course once a year and instructor-led refresher training once every three years
Learn from our experiences
Trainers’ Profile: All Consultivo trainers are having 15-30 years of hand on industry experiences backed up by relevant education and professional qualifications. They are also specially trained on the training skills and techniques and adult learning pedagogy.
Modes of Training
- Onsite Training: Onsite trainings are organised at your place with customised course content specific to your organisational hazards and target participants.
- Online Training: Organisations may opt for developing this course in eLearning format (SCORM) to run through their own eLearning Management System (LMS) platform. Consultivo developed eLearning courses are interactive, modular and can be developed in vernacular languages.
- Public Training: Consultivo Academy organises regular public courses on Electrical Safety where you may nominate yourself or your colleagues. In our public courses, participants from different industry sectors join to share their experiences and gain collaborative subject knowledge.
If there’s anything we may help you with, please let us know.
Do you want us to get in touch with you? We would love to.